My P-Days have been changed to Wednesdays, I gave my first talk in church, I got kicked out of a catholic lady's house, and I think that about sums up the highlights of the week.
"Finally, believe. Believe that with God all things are possible. We may all be taken back from time to time by the extraordinary—such as walking on water, multiplying bread and fish, raising the dead, translating gold plates with special lenses or a stone and a hat, and the visitation of angels. Some people are hard-pressed to believe extraordinary things. While it is understandable that we may be challenged by the extraordinary, we shouldn’t be, because ordinary things are actually more phenomenal.
"The most phenomenal occurrences of all time and eternity—the most amazing wonders, the most astounding developments—are the most common and widely recognized. They include: I am; you are; we are; and all that we perceive exists as well, from subatomic particles to the farthest reaches of the cosmos and everything in between, including all of the wonders of life. Is there anything greater than those ordinary realities? No. Nothing else even comes close. You can’t begin to imagine, much less describe, anything greater than what already is.
"In light of what is, nothing else should surprise us. It should be easy to believe that with God all things are possible.
"The healing of the withered hand is not nearly as amazing as the existence of the hand in the first place. If it exists, it follows it can certainly be fixed if it is broken. The greater event is not in its healing but in its creation.
"More phenomenal than resurrection is birth. The greater wonder is not that life, having once existed, could come again but that it ever exists at all.
"More amazing than the dead be raised is that we live at all. A silent heart that beats again is not nearly as amazing as the heart that beats within your breast right now.
"That one could see on a stone or through a special lens the modern translation of ancient text written on plates of gold is far less amazing than the human eye. The wonder is not what the human eye may see, rather, that it sees anything at all.
"How can you believe in extraordinary things such as angels and gold plates and your divine potential? Easy, just look around and believe.
"I don’t know if pigs will ever sprout wings and fly, but if they do, flying pigs will never be nearly as amazing as the ordinary pig in the first place."
-Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge | Stand Forever
Sorry everyone, this email is kinda janky, but I forgot to write it yesterday, so I just figured I'd share a part of my favorite talk real quick. I invite all of you to listen to this full talk, as I have generously provided the link for you.
I
found the bench ur mom sat on👇 
... And Élder Avila calls this street "Beverly Hills".👇

👇The post didn't do much for this cow.
I cleaned the bathroom. It still looks disgusting, but not as disgusting I suppose. At least now it shouldn't stink. I think all the chlorine made me sick though. My throat feels bad and my eyes burn
One of
the prized possessions of an elderly man in our ward.
The
weather today was lovely. It was like a spring day with a nice breeze. Maybe a
little hotter than normal, but the best weather I've felt since arriving here.
And I always think these cacti are fake at first glance.
There's this really hot Mustang in town. I don't think it's been driven in a while, but I'd love to fix it up if I could.
It scares
me how thin the roads are here.
"Into
the garbage chute flyboy"
Well,
this pretty much sums it up...
"The special of the day is rice with chicken."
No comments:
Post a Comment