Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Monday, February 19, 2024

Miriam's 1st Week in Piracicaba -Sister Rojas

Well, I'll be completely honest, not a whole bunch happened this week. 

We haven't found anyone new to teach yet that's really showing any progress, so I don't have anything to report there. Though we did participate in our ward's English class. It was actually really fun to help out! But I quickly discovered why Brazilians always say that no matter how much they study English, they never understand the native speakers. I was talking with one girl and she asked me, "What does heejee mean?" I was like, "Come again? What word?" "Heejee." I asked her where she was reading, and she pointed. As it turns out, she was trying to pronounce the word "read". I actually think it's really cute helping them learn English because they pronounce every English word as if it were still Portuguese. Bless their souls😊 

We also found a part member family this last week and they asked us to come back next week Wednesday to teach the members of the family that aren't members. We're hoping that it all goes well. 

The biggest thing that happened this week was that I got hit pretty hard Friday night with a fever that kind of stuck around for a day or two. It's funny because literally everyone except President Card is convinced that it's Dengue. The members were all freaking out, and that was making Sister Rojas nervous... But it's fine! I've survived thus far. But for this reason, I'm keeping my email a little short. 

Here's my spiritual thought for the week. I read this talk about the Restoration, and I really liked his comments on what exactly makes our church so different from other Christian churches. There's divine direction in the way the church is run and handled, and I'm so grateful to be apart of it. 

Apostasy and Restoration 

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/1995/04/apostasy-and-restoration?lang=eng

Mission offices. 

A very popular beer named after Pirassununga.

No comments: