Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Miriam's 12th Week in Piracicaba and Transfers to New Area, Leme & New Companion - Sister Lima


This week was a little wild, but I'll explain that in a little bit. First, I'm going to try and remember what happened during the first half of the week, then I'll get into the rest of it.

After helping in the ward's English class, Sister Rojas and I earned ourselves a big box of chocolate. That was a win. 

Sister Rojas and I had a lesson with one of our investigators about the Plan of Salvation and as we were wrapping up she goes, "You know what I've always wanted? To be baptized."

I'm not a 100% sure about my eyes, but Sister Rojas' bulged, and we were both like, "WeLl, DiD yoUu HaPpEn To KnOw ThAt OuR pUrPoSe OuT hErE iS tO bApTiZe?"

We'll see what happens with her, but it's to be left in Sister Rojas' hands along with her new companion because, what do ya know, I was transferred on Friday.

Now I'm serving in a pretty large city called Leme with Sister Lima. 

And I am now a Sister Trainer Leader which means I'll be traveling A LOT to councils, meetings, and companionship exchanges. I'll have to help give trainings at Zone Conference and Zone Studies...

These next 12 weeks should be an adventure to say the least. 

Certainly my next emails will have many stories to tell.

But for now I'll wrap this one up with a great talk I studied this last week by Richard C. Edgley.

He talks about humility and how our happiness really depends on our level of humility and gratitude. I really liked this talk and wanted to share it.

The Empowerment of Humility

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2003/10/the-empowerment-of-humility?lang=eng





A very sweet cake I earned.

Right before transfers!




My new companion, Sister Lima
(She's half Japanese and half Indian - raised in Portugal.)

No comments: