Chicken and Cheese Pizza with Chocolate Stuffed Crust; That's right. I ate that pizza this week. It was one of the weirdest pizzas I have ever eaten in my life.
I don't have much to talk about in this email because I spent 2 and half days this week trapped in the house because I got the flu or something. But even trapped in the house we saw miracles. Members helped us with our lessons over the phone, and we met two people who said they want to be baptized, so we were able to set baptismal dates with them!
(One of them tried to escape us when we hunted him down at his house, but we caught him, and now he's responding to our messages again.)
Saturday we had a sisters conference with Sister Card! We did a service project in a huge public park cleaning up weeds and trash. After, we went to the church and talked together about a conference talk Sister Card had chosen. It was after this that I ate that janky chicken n cheese n chocolate pizza.
Then we played a game, ate cookies and ice cream, and took a picture. It was super fun! But also really weird because about 90% of the Sisters in the mission are new. Sister Stott and I were talking about how weird we felt there because it didn't seem like our mission any more. Everyone we knew has already left or is leaving in the next 2 months. Wild.
Yesterday day a guy we're teaching came to church after avoiding us for about 2 weeks. We also hunted him down at his house, gave him a little talking to, and he also started responding to us again. Gotta be bold getting these folks to change their lives. They're a stubborn bunch.
Well, that's the essence of my week.
Here's this talk for y'all.
I love President Holland's powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon. This talk really helps me see how truly foundational the Book of Mormon is to all that we believe, and I'm so grateful that I have this opportunity to share its power with the people here in Brazil.
Safety for the Soul
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2009/10/safety-for-the-soul?lang=eng











No comments:
Post a Comment