Speaking of communicating with God....
For this week's scripture, I've had my thoughts reflect on the 6th section of the Doctrine and Covenants. If I could chose all the verses of the entire section to ponder on, I would. The reason is because it speaks so personally to me. The first part of June of this year, I had been fasting and praying deeply about something weighing heavy on my heart. One afternoon, when I had finished my prayers on this subject, an impression came to me, "Read D&C 6." I'm not a scripture scholar and admit that I couldn't have told anyone off the top of my head what was in that section. This made it all the more significant to me when I opened the pages to it and began to read. Every verse seemed to speak to my situation so perfectly. I love this section now so this is the one I'm sharing! But just so there isn't an entire page to "ponderize" I'll narrow things down to verses 33 and 34:
"Fear not to do good, [Alicia], for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward. Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail." - D&C 6:33-34
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment