I want my children and family to know that I absolutely love my life (the good, the bad, and the ugly - the challenges and the blessings). I'm grateful for so many learning experiences - I love it all!
I haven't spent much time writing lately. With my schedule, I feel like I need to make "oxygen choices" (if you know what I mean) selecting those things that matter the very most. When I look back on my life, I want to know that I spent it doing good not just talking about it.
I feel like I'm busier than I've ever been with my school, my calling, neighbors who need outreach, foster care, DCFS appointments, family members in need... you name it! There's so much work to be done and too many distractions in today's world.
I don't want to miss simple opportunities for meaningful time with my husband and with our kids before they all fly away. I don't want to miss simple opportunities to help a friend or neighbor in need because I'm too busy. Life is fulfilling and rich when actively living and loving the way that our Savior did -- not just talking or posting about it.
I'm so grateful to my Father in Heaven for blessing me with the knowledge of the restored Gospel. Without such truth, I couldn't make it through anything in my life. There's so much good to be shared! So much love that needs to be given! So much to be done!
LET'S DO IT! :)
-Alicia
I adore this video. Such a perfect example of what this life is all about!
So important to remember on this day of LOVE!
No comments:
Post a Comment