Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Monday, February 26, 2018

February 2018


You see these two girls here on either side of Miriam?... These two girls live at our house. My foster daughter even thinks they are her sisters. On Feb. 2nd we have the tradition of watching Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray. These two girls in the photo above were at our house as usual that night. We were looking for some fun cooking ideas together and found this cute little groundhog no-bake cookie recipe. They are designed in such a way that you can actually make the groundhog pop up and down out of the hole. The girls dusted some powdered sugar to give it a nice winter effect. They were too adorable to eat. We had so much fun playing with our food. :)



----------------------------------


My sister, Amy, works as a recreational therapist in a nursing home. On Valentines Day, me and my three youngest kids surprised her with roses, strawberry covered chocolates, and heart decorations on her desk. Kaylee played the piano and Micah played his fiddle for the residents. My sister loved it.



Amy put together a great Valentine show for her residents too. She provided them with refreshments, entertainment and even hired an Elvis impersonator! How cool is that?!! 

One of the residents loves to dance, so Amy danced with her to Unchained Melody.  I love seeing my sister with the elderly and disabled. This is where people really see what I'm talking about when I say - She is wonderful!!  Amy has always been an example of compassion and Christ-like love to me. 
(I just wish she could see her own worth and infinite value. She doesn't see that....which is why she's stuck in an abusive alcoholic relationship. Oh, my heart aches for her.)





----------------------------------

Joseph and I went shooting for a romantic date night. I didn't do too bad for my FIRST time EVER. It's kinda freaky to fire a gun - I mean it was for me at least.
I got a little more used to it by the end of the evening. Joseph did awesome!!!


----------------------------------


My nephew, Bryson, got married. He's the first out of the 30+ something grandchildren (I loose count) to get married. Our little bonus child was excited to see another temple up close. She loves the temple song and wants me to sing it to her at night.  I have a necklace that has the Provo City Center Temple on it - I bought itfrom my friend's shop. She LOVES it when I where that necklace. She must already feel the beautiful spirit of that place.


While at the reception, my incredibly smart and talented brother-in-law, Allan, unveiled his new business, SNAP-estry. We were some of his first test subjects. He hasn't launched it to the public yet. It's an instant wedding registry where you text a number to get started, snap your photo, and write congratulations, memories, or marriage tips to the bride and groom, and they play instantly on a screen to music during the reception. It's really, really cool!  I mean really cool! 


---------------------------------


Micah lost his pet hamster. She died in her sleep. I felt so bad for Micah because he adored his little pet and took such great care of her. He got her last year for his birthday. She may have just been older when we bought her, we really don't know when she was born. Rodents don't last very long anyway. Cute ADORABLE Micah did a funeral service for her though and handled everything amazingly well. 

Rest in Peace, Muffin 
2017 - 2018





------------------------------


Speaking of adorableness.... Micah designed a story board map for our little girl so he could tell her princess stories. He drew the map with shapes using Power Point - I absolutely love the names he chose for the different places. 
Priceless!! I couldn't stop smiling. 




Then to make his story even more fun for our girl, he made finger puppets of a princess and a fairy. He laid in bed next to her for her nap time and entertained her with his creations. He is going to make the most wonderful daddy someday. What a sweetheart!!



No comments: