Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Miriam's 3rd Week in Piracicaba -Sister Rojas


 This week was like a snail with butterfly wings trying to convince me that time was flying yet somehow it wasn't going anywhere at the same time.

With that captivating hook, let's get into it, shall we?

This week we had exchanges with Sister Maria and Sister Maurer. I spent the day with Sister Maurer. It was a good, interesting experience for me. Sis Maurer arrived with me in the mission field, and she always appeared to know exactly what she was doing from even day one. But as I talked with her, she told me that she was usually using the "fake it 'til ya make it" principle. And it was a reminder to me that when I'm feeling like I don't know what I'm doing, it's okay because no one else does either.

We also got a fun surprise this week. We got a random call from the executive secretary informing us that he was sending two sisters to our house to spend the night before they went to leadership council. As it turns out, these two sisters were Sister Wilcox and Sister Cruz, the two sisters that lived with us in Pirassununga! It was so fun to see them again. So fun, in fact, that we bought a pizza.

Yesterday we had Stake Conference, and as I listened to the talks (directed mainly towards the youth), I just couldn't stop thinking about how different the Church is from others; the organization and care put into every detail and every group of people. I thought about the work the members put into their callings not just on Sundays but throughout the entire week, month, year, and even throughout their lives. Christ requires much from His followers, but the reward is so much more than we could ever earn through alone.

I invite all of you to read this talk and think about how important it is that we belong in a church, specifically The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints 

The Need for a Church

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2021/10/18oaks?lang=eng

Sorry, it's a short one this week.












No comments: