Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Thursday, June 1, 2017

June 1st to August 31st

For three summers in a row we've read the entire Book of Mormon as a ward family from June 1st to August 31st.

This year, I'm not in the same ward but I'm in the same Stake and still love the idea of reading  together. A couple months ago, I purchased a fresh new Book of Mormon solely for this purpose. My plan is to read it in search of a Christlike principle in my life, I want to improve on. I know exactly where I want to start!

The first line in our family mission statement is, "We are a family of sincere listeners." In all honesty, I feel like a terrible listener, which makes our family statement sort of interesting to me. I think wrote that line in there because it's something I can always improve on.

As I search and study the Book of Mormon these next three months, I'm specifically focusing on formulas and patterns describing righteous listening. Today, I started with just the introduction, witness testimonies, and title page of the Book of Mormon -  I found some great patterns! Most of all, I love the peace and clarity of thought that pour into my life from studying this way. What a blessing this Gospel is!

-Alicia

No comments: