If things fall through with the State being able to find biological family members who meet their criteria, they will most likely look to us as a permanent option for you. That's still something we are waiting for more information on but our whole family feels like we would accept if it became the case. One thing I do know is that you have an amazing little spirit. We all have fallen in love with you! Even Chandler has opened up to your presence in our home. What a miracle!
It's strange, because this foster placement hasn't felt like much of an adjustment at all... you seem to fit so well and so perfectly here.
This will be your fourth night with us. Every evening, you have wanted to snuggle next to me on my bed and listen to me sing you songs as I stroke your hair. You have fallen asleep so quickly and have been so peaceful. As I lay there with you and review the adventures of the day in my mind, I keep thinking how you're an incredibly smart little girl, how you communicate really well. I'm surprised at your affability and natural obedience.Maybe part of the reason this placement feels so great is because we've learned some things from our other placements, we've learned from some of our mistakes and know more this time better ways to handle certain difficulties. But I really believe most of the difference and ease of your placement in our home comes from you. You really are an incredibly bright and conscientious child! There is something so wonderfully different about you. We all can sense it! It's been a privilege to have you here. What a darling and sweet little girl you are! We're glad to keep you as long as we can.
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment