Joseph and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary and Joseph's 42nd Birthday on Sunday, October 8th.We had a great time celebrating over the weekend. We went out to eat, I reserved tickets to a play Friday night, and then we went to Joseph's favorite Brazilian restaurant for lunch on Saturday.
On Sunday, I walked in late to the marriage class, scanned the room and couldn't see Joseph anywhere so I just took an open seat in the front. The instructor asked questions about the role of the father in the home and I suddenly heard a familiar voice answer from the very back. (There he was! I didn't see him when I walked in.) I raised my hand after Joseph finished speaking to share a comment and also gave a quick hello to him, "Hi honey! I didn't see you when I walked in."
"Oh, hi! I didn't see you either." The class laughed. Joseph got up and walked to the front, taking the seat next to me. I put my arm around him.
Others in the marriage class gave an audible "ah"... because it was cute.
After church we enjoyed an nice family ride through Provo Canyon, it was freezing outside. We ate a simple dinner at a park, and then drove the Alpine Loop to take in all the gorgeous fall colors. Joseph and I got out of the van for a quick photo with memorable places of our courtship and proposal in the background. (Timp trail and Theater in the Pines.)
I smiled because I didn't remember exactly what he had said in class.
I turned to him and replied, "Honestly honey, when I recognized it was you talking in the back of the room, I lost focus because I began to think to myself:
'Oh... there he is! I was looking for him, I'm glad he came to the same class! Whatever comment Joseph is making right now is a really good one because he's such a wonderful father. I'm so proud of him. Man, I hope that these people are listening to what he has to say because he's right. I'm so glad I have him in my life.'" I grinned sheepishly and batted my eyelashes... "So, the short answer is. I'm sure it made sense."
Joseph chuckled at my response. That wasn't the feedback he was looking for but he couldn't argue with it. Normally, he might have been a little irritated that I had spaced out when he was talking (because I do that so much with everyone. It's a terrible habit and I'm really working on changing... really) But this time my lack of an answer was perfectly okay because he could see it was a very good kind of "spacing out." :)
Here's to 18 years of marriage and 42 years of Joseph! I love you! 'Tis ne'er e'er o'er m'lo'er o' clo'er! ;)
![]() |
| Chandler was too cool to sing happy birthday or be in the picture. He's sitting behind me out of the camera's view ...right where I could easily kick him in the butt. ;) |

No comments:
Post a Comment