Things are still going wonderful with our little three-year-old foster girl, so great in fact that we are taking in a couple more foster kids this weekend. One girl is eleven and the other is seven. It's respite care so it won't be a permanent placement but I'm extremely happy that in this case we are in a position to take them.My heart hurts for our former fosters who left a few months ago. I think about them every day and wish that conditions would have been such that they could have stayed. I love them both very much and it's hard to see the family they are with now struggling worse than we were. I offer my help and bring my former fosters to my home about once a week but it just makes me more aware of how much they've digressed since they left. They've been living with their mom on the weekends and should be living permanently with her soon. I can't help but wonder which roads they will choose in life.... I wonder the same thing about my bio children.
No matter where any of my children go and what choices they make, I hope they all know that we love them so much and wish for them the very best.
-Alicia

No comments:
Post a Comment