I don't really feel like writing an email this week, but I suppose I'll share a little bit.
We've got some promising people in teaching right now, so I've got high hopes for each of them. Carolina and her daughter, and José Francisco (not José Luis).
Overall work has been pretty slow. Very little progress, and very few new people.
We had 2 people attend church, neither of which were people we had invited or were expecting, but it was good to see either way. One, José (but a different José), who's the boyfriend of a member girl, came to church, and by the end of second hour, he was crying. Apparently he's had some problems in his family, and that day we were talking about the blessings of eternal family, so I know he was inspired to come that day, when he had declined so many other times before.
The other guy that came it's a one eyed drunk that we had met in the street a day or two before (he was delighted to see us, and kept kissing our hands. My companion looked uncomfortable. A drunk lady then approached the 3 of us, grabbed my companion's hand, and tried to kiss him. I took a few steps back for safety). Apparently he's had quite the traumatic past, and he says the missionaries are a real light in his life, and he wants to make changes, so who knows.
Not too much more to tell. It's been raining the past few days, so that's been nice. I ate pig liver and pig skin, that wasn't so nice. The next day I had Costco pizza, so that was really nice.
I just know that the Lord is looking out for us. We're all God's children, and He's not going to abandon any of us, even if we turn our backs on Him. En el nombre de Jesucristo, amén.
Here's some pictures. I've been taking a lot of those recently.
A big ol' spider, a dog with dirty paws, a lamp post, a dead pig, and chicken Joseph. It's long for Joe.















No comments:
Post a Comment