Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Miriam's 10th Week in Pirassununga -Sister Rojas

Catching some zzz's on the way to a zone conference.

Stopped at Burger King on the way to another conference.
 

Translation: 24 months of Mission and an Eternity to think about it.
Set high goals and you will never fall into boredom.


Sister Rojas reached 2 months, so I took a picture with her with the 2 month card I got from Sis Casperson when I was in training.


It's lasagna! A lady made this because I was talking about what Dad said about having lasagna on his mission. (Joseph shared: Cheese and meat is very expensive in Brazil and if someone makes you lasagna, they are sacrificing a lot for you.) 

This week was a long search to find new people to teach because our teaching pool was a little weak.

It seemed to work out pretty well because we met Ana Carolina. She had bounced around churches for a while and had even come in contact with LDS missionaries before. She told us a little about her story and how she had been searching her true identity and a place where she could belong. She told us that after a long time, she discovered that she truly is a daughter of God, and we had a powerful lesson with her in which she accepted the invitation to be baptized!

It was going to be on the 28th of this month but she didn't come to church yesterday, but that's fine. We'll have a little chit-chat, and maybe she'll understand the importance of it next week.

But she's super cool. I have complete faith that it'll work out.

We also met Andreisa and Elizabeth, her daughter, while knocking doors near the chapel. They opened to us and decided that they wanted to hear our message. We taught them a little about the Plan of Salvation, and left them a book of mormon to read.

We're still trying to find a time to meet with them again, but I think they've got a lot of potential (especially because they live just on the other side of the road from the church😏. They have no excuse.)

Yesterday we met with Kathleen and Nayara again (I don't know if you guys remember them), and we started off by sharing a mini lesson on the Restoration, which they both were familiar with. But that mini lesson quickly turned into nearly an hour long discussion of explaining the Book of Mormon. Nayara had thought the Joseph Smith had written it and that it was an autobiography or something. Then they both expressed confusion over who Mormon was in the first place, so we had to clear that up. Then Kathleen said, "But in any case, you guys don't study the Bible." So that, too, had to be cleared up. In the end, Sister Rojas showed a video that helped clear things up for everyone involved, and we all left with a mutual understanding. It was actually a little funny this conversation. 

Something a little weird this past week was an encounter with a man named Reinaldo. We stopped to talk to him while he was standing in his doorway. We shared a message and left him a Book of Mormon to read. We tried sending him messages and calling for the next few days, but he didn't respond, so we resolved to visit again. We knocked on the door that night, and a woman answered. We asked her if Reinaldo was home and she said that he had died two years ago. We asked if he had been her husband, but she said he was her dad. We then asked if she knew a younger Reinaldo that was a truck driver, but she said she knew no one else by that description.

Soooooo....that was a weird experience...

But in other news I also got some more fancy pictures of clouds this week thanks to the storms that are rolling through the area, so I'll share those with you.

We got caught in one of these storms,

This looked dangerous... rain water dripping out of the light fixture at the store.

We taught the Relief Society class yesterday, and we talked about this talk from last conference:

We Are His Children

I really liked this talk the first time I heard it, and I wanted to share with everyone. It's a good reminder that we're all equal in the eyes of our creator. 

No comments: