Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Micah's 8th Week in Ciudad Frontera - w/ Elder Avila

(01-02-24 to 01-08-24)

Not too much to tell this week.

I had divis with my new zone leader, Élder Wilde, and on the way to meeting him and his companion in Villahermosa, I got cheated out of 100 pesos by a taxi driver, and got on a combi with a blind preacher, who read to us from the Bible. So Élder Wilde and I worked together for a day here in Frontera, and that was pretty cool.

Friday we had zone conference, and there was some yummy food, so that was rad.

We invited Arelis to be baptized and she accepted! But she didn't come to church yesterday, so if she fails to keep that commitment again next week, we'll have to move her baptismal date back. But I've got faith, and her son is taking lessons from us now as well, so maybe we'll even get to have both be baptized! Only time will tell.

There's and elderly man in teaching now, José Francisco, and he came to church yesterday with us, so that was awesome. We told him beforehand that we'd stop by his house before church and walk over with him. When we got to his house that morning, he didn't just remember that we were coming, but he was waiting for us! The ward was super friendly to him, so I hope he'll return again. He's hard of hearing, and the microphone in our chapel isn't very loud, but I know the Spirit will testify to us, even when we can't hear the testimonies being shared.

"4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

(Moroni 10:4-5)

I know these things are true, en el nombre de Jesucristo, amén.

So here's pictures. Burning garbage (it gets rid of garbage, and keeps mosquitos away), a lil spider friend I found on my hat, 

the blind preacher, and food. 

You can't see the tortillas in that picture, but they were there. They're always there. Looks like table scraps but it was actually pretty good.


If the people here gave half their food to the dogs, everyone would be a healthy weight.

No comments: