I'm not doing the Ponderizing verse each week anymore but I'll certainly be pondering and sharing thoughts on scriptures as I feel impressed here on my blog.
My husband has started a fun Book of Mormon project that will span over a few days for me to complete. I had a good time with my scripture studies this morning because his project helped me pick apart and zero-in on the take-away of each verse. I need this type of study because it's so easy to slip into casual reading where I'm not really pulling much out of the scriptures.
My husband's Precepts Project comes at a good time in my life, especially with how hectic everything is! Now, more than ever, I need a good, clear, solid focus to start my day, to remind me of the precepts that will set my mind and heart in the right direction.
This whole concept of scripture study reminds me of one of my very favorite quotes by Spencer W. Kimball. He said:
“I find that when I get casual in my relationships with divinity and when it seems that no divine ear is listening and no divine voice is speaking, that I am far, far away. If I immerse myself in the scriptures the distance narrows and the spirituality returns. I find myself loving more intensely those whom I must love with all my heart and mind and strength, and loving them more, I find it easier to abide their counsel.”
I've seen this time and time again in my own life. I'm so grateful for the scriptures!
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment