Tonight, my foster son asked if he could type in his journal on his laptop after I tucked him in bed. I brought his computer in and said, "Sure, as long as you promise that you're not going to sneak games or YouTube videos in, you are very welcome to type in your journal." A little while later, he called me back to the bedroom. "I sent you something in a Google Doc."
"You did? What was it that you sent?"
"You'll see. Check your email."
"Right now?"
"Yeah, check your email. I want to watch you read it."
Now I was curious. I grabbed the phone and pulled open my email and read the following note:
I hugged him tightly and kissed him on the forehead. "Thank you so much! This was the sweetest thing you could have ever done. You don't realize how much this means to me. Thank you!" I kissed him again. He smiled bashfully and crawled back into bed. I wished him a good night and squeezed his hand tight.
I think my foster son was inspired by the Spirit to write me this note tonight. It came at a very good time. I really needed the encouragement.
-Alicia :)

No comments:
Post a Comment