I'm really pleased with how our new approach to family scripture study is going. It seems like everyone is participating more. With this new way, Joseph and I aren't the ones doing all the talking. The kids share what they are learning and we are able to keep record of the comments each of them make. So far, it seems they are enjoying the overall experience more.
I'm trying to find ways now that will help me with my personal scripture study. I'm pretty good at maintaining daily reading but I don't always do so well retaining what I've read.(If that makes sense.)
I think at this time in my life, I'm really seeking to find verses of scripture that will inspire me to action in my specific realm of influence: in my calling, as a wife, as a mother, as a foster mom, as a student, etc. After prayer, I open the pages and want words to jump out at me - I want my eyes to be open to the things I keep missing, to recognize what the Lord is trying to tell me.
I've discovered that a good mixture of conference talks and scriptures each day work best for me. I'm not a huge book reader but I love listening to talks and books. I feel like I can get a lot more accomplished if I'm moving while I'm listening. I don't sit still very well.... never have.
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment