Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Inside Out

I watched the movie, "Inside Out" last night with my family.  WOW!  It was profound!  It truly made me appreciate the emotions we experience in life especially one very particular emotion.  I thought of our first mother, Eve, and her courage to take that initial step into the unknown... to make the decision to experience these feelings so that she could (and we could) know and appreciate the good.  It also helped me empathize with those who suffer with depression or apathy.

So many threads of enlightenment and understanding were beautifully woven through the fabric of this entire story!

I was glad I came prepared and brought my Kleenex because I certainly needed them. ;)
I left the theater with an overwhelming sense of gratitude for life, for family, and for everything we experience here on this earth.

We don't go to the movies often, especially not new releases because we just don't have the money.  But, this one was worth every dime!  "Two enthusiastic thumbs up!!!"

-Alicia

"Life is but a Weaving"

My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colors
He weaveth steadily.

Oft’ times He weaveth sorrow;
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I the underside.

Not ’til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And reveal the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned

He knows, He loves, He cares;
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those
Who leave the choice to Him.

― Corrie ten Boom

No comments: