In my scripture study this morning, I'm at the place where the very young Prophet Mormon is called to lead the Nephite army and also called to care for the sacred records of the people. Ammaron gave charge to Mormon over the records because he could "perceive that [he was] a sober child, and [he was] quick to observe." (Mormon 1:2)
I searched the topical guide under soberness and came to this verse in D&C 6:35,36
"Perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you. Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."
The 1828 dictionary describes sober as temperate, serious, and calm. My thesaurus describes sober as self-disciplined, discreet, vigilant, and wise.
And so... Our family ponderize board for the week will read as follows:
"Perform with soberness (temperance, seriousness, calmness, discipline, discretion, vigilance, and wisdom) the work which I have commanded you. Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." - D&C 6:35, 36
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment