Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Throwback Thursday "A Queen for the Day"


Gazing up into the boughs above me, unveiled to my view a beautiful spiral pine stairway 
beckoning me to ascend it as high as I could.
It was almost as if God had crafted that tower just for me, 
a little place where I ruled my own world and was a queen for the day.
I found my niche at the very top where everything was in my sight; 
a panorama of my home, my life, my surroundings, everything familiar within my scope... 
Close enough to observe yet sufficiently distant to reflect. 
From my wooden throne, I was invisible but I could see for miles and miles.
Absorbed in the sounds of my solitude, quietly I'd listen to the wind as it spoke to the trees; 
their conversation like peaceful waves crashing repeatedly on an ocean shore.
I felt safe there in my castle tower, high above the earth.
Somehow, I felt a little closer to heaven.
I loved that place: my tree, my sanctuary, my home away from home.
Moving Day - June 1990- Leaving behind the old tree I climbed as a child.

No comments: