Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Ladies Lunch and Life-Hacks



Life is so incredibly busy right now that I hardly have an extra minute to write these days. Being a foster mom takes up more time than most people realize. When I do get a free moment, it's usually spent doing homework for my class this semester.  I know the things that consume my hours are good... Even though I don't sleep anymore. ;)

Despite my crammed schedule, I was able to break away just for a couple hours this afternoon and enjoy a nice visit with my sisters-in-law (well, at least 5 of the 7). We gathered at Merrit's house, made a fancy lunch, and shared life-hacks with each other.  A few of the life-hacks were practical and revolved around awesome cleaning or cooking tips.  The other life-hacks were spiritual, like Lee's and Megan's.  

Lee shared that she has noticed a big difference in her life and in her relationships as she's taken the time to kneel and pray more throughout the day.  Megan shared a few verses from the scriptures and her personal testimony of them.  

The life-hack I gave was about perspective: As mothers, sometimes we see a mess and instantly assume that it is a result of our children being lazy or goofing off. But I shared the idea that sometimes the so-called "disasters" around our homes are evidence that our children are actually listening, that they're working hard, that they're doing great and wonderful things... and I gave some examples.

From the practical temporal life-hacks to the spiritual and inspiring ones: we laughed, we cried, and felt so much appreciation and love for one another.  It was a very refreshing afternoon.  I'm so grateful I married into this beautiful family.  I'm glad I have these seven sisters who get together and include me as one of them. I love that we're close and have regular, meaningful, and memorable visits.  I look forward to spending next weekend with these same wonderful ladies. 

-Alicia


No comments: