Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Panel Discussion

Joseph and I went to an all-day foster care training today. The most powerful part of the training was a two-hour panel discussion with five different youth who have aged out of the system. This panel of fosters were good kids and you'd never guess some had lived with more than seven foster families. Most of these young adults from the panel are currently in college and or living on their own. I was grateful to hear their advice to foster parents of what works and what doesn't because they have that hindsight. Through their inspiring and heartbreaking stories, Joseph and I were able to recognize several areas where we need to improve if we want a better experience with our placements. It was eye-opening and very humbling to say the least. I'm glad we're still moving forward with this whole foster care experience. It is changing us in ways nothing else ever could.

-Alicia

No comments: