Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Monday, September 12, 2016

Be Not Weary - Ponderize - Week 50

I read this scripture differently this morning.  It spoke more to me in the context of a wife and mother rather than missionary work or church service.

I almost read it as, "Alicia, don't let twists and turns, bumps and bruises in life wear you so thin that you're too tired to give meaningful focus to your family, create joyful experiences, and make time for listening, really listening."

Synonyms to the word "weary" are: "bored, impatient, indifferent, fed-up, or sick of" (Any of these could be inserted below to add a little more depth to counsel.)

"Be not weary in well-doing" sounds like a strong command to make a conscious effort, a very deliberate effort to say and do those things that increase the spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical health or "wellness" of my family no matter how much stress and strain I might feel pulling on me.

This will be a great verse to ponder for the week.  As I think of it each day, I have a goal to visualize and apply what tirelessly nourishing the health of my family looks and sounds like:
Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great. - D&C 64:33

-Alicia

No comments: