This woman who is the administrator of Zion's Youth has begun a new school, a private school under a different name. She's been trying to grow her number of students so she contacted me last week asking if I'd be willing to take a tour. I went there assuming she'd show me options of a single class my kids could attend once a week. I didn't realize fully what the visit was all about.
Half-way through the tour we stopped near some large wooden office desks on the upper floor. She pointed to the empty desks and said, "These were just donated to us. We're looking for a Vice Principal. Alicia, I think you would be a good fit. Do you think that's something that might interest you? We would allow your children free tuition in exchange."
My jaw dropped to the floor, I couldn't speak. I just stared back at her dumbly like a stunned deer in headlights. She began explaining the various responsibilities and I felt even more dumb. I was lost after her third sentence.
I tried to show gratitude. I wanted to accept but I needed more time to really consider. I couldn't help feel that if the woman knew me more than an acquaintance, she never would have offered a position like that to me, "Wow, me...a Vice Principal?.... Did someone suggest me?.... Who told you I could do work like that?"
"No one... I've just heard you share comments at American Mothers before."
I was surprised. "You remember me from that?? Those meetings I attended were over a year ago and I only went to a few."
"Yes." She smiled. "I don't remember exactly what you said but it struck me. Anyway, this position came up and your name came to my mind."
It sounded like such an irresistible offer but I couldn't accept right away. I finished the tour and brought my husband back the next day to allow him a tour as well.
I attended a faculty meeting this morning. To tell the truth, I felt terribly out of place. Everything there feels so completely opposite of my personality: the tight and regimented schedule, the formal dress code for the kids and for me, the knowledge and organizational skills required, etc. etc. I keep shaking my head, "You've got the wrong person!!"
I attended a faculty meeting this morning. To tell the truth, I felt terribly out of place. Everything there feels so completely opposite of my personality: the tight and regimented schedule, the formal dress code for the kids and for me, the knowledge and organizational skills required, etc. etc. I keep shaking my head, "You've got the wrong person!!"
I'm going to continue to be prayerful about things. She's allowing me a one-week trial-run to help me decide. The trial-run will begin after we've moved into our new home.
I've got a lot on my mind, a lot I'm trying to sort through. I keep asking myself, "Is this something the Lord wants me to do??... or did it just happen by chance??" If it's just by chance, I probably won't go with it.
-Alicia
I've got a lot on my mind, a lot I'm trying to sort through. I keep asking myself, "Is this something the Lord wants me to do??... or did it just happen by chance??" If it's just by chance, I probably won't go with it.
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment