This morning in my scripture study I centered my focus on these scriptures. They make a good follow-up to my day yesterday. I'm so thankful for truth!
-Alicia
"And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?
Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say."
- Exodus 4:10-12
"Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak."
-Jeremiah 1:6,7
The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned."
-Isaiah 50:4
"But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."
-Matt 10:19-20
"And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake."
-Acts 6:10
"Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist."
-Luke 21: 14,15
Talk for the day - by, Marcus B. Nash
1 comment:
I gave this book to my brother, who is an evangelical preacher, "How to Deliver a Great Ted Talk" by Akrash Kana. I love TED Talks, I learn a lot and most of the people, are just like you and me. We are embodied in our own personal skill set, but we are asked to talk about that skill, or something that relates to it. Most are even professional speakers. It has some really practical approaches to organizing your thoughts and also the content of your talk, and the delivery.
Post a Comment