“Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”
― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity



5 comments:
I love this comment, I recognize that feeling of being restructured, literally having rugs pulled out from under me. It's called finding the original footprint, and regardless of where that footprint is, it is good ground. The old house is torn down, piece by piece, board by board and you find yourself literally living in the shell. But then God gives you permission to hope, to envision what plans he has for you and if you are good, he may even let you pick out some paint. lol
Testify
I don't think anyone would want me to pick out the paint ha ha! I'm terrible at home decor!
I love this quote about building a palace too! It has been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember. I'm sure you recognize that feeling, Ramona, especially this past year. You've gone through so many changes. I know God has great plans for you.
Ha Ha, seems like picking out the paint color is a "man" thing. My husband would literally break into a cold sweat when we would negotiate what color to paint a certain room. I still have brand new cans of paint in my basement that didn't make the cut. Hmmm, I may have to revisit them and paint the walls lol
Thank you Alicia, I am walking in those plans in this now. I had an impression about how the Lord prepares us for the blessings he is about "open up big". It is so practical, I was just meditating, and feeling a little sorry for myself. And I was impressed to write, literally a list of temporal things that I needed to do, and not only do, but create a good habit. It was about 10 sticky notes. And the Lord literally "asked" me if I was ready for a drastic and invasive change. He admonished me to "wake up", participate in the blessings I am now in, school, ordinance worker in the Temple, all of that. "The one that I am preparing in your behalf is now, and will be."
So I gotta get my act together more, to be even a profitable servant.
What an awesome and also intimidating feeling to know the Lord is preparing you and sending changes where He's about to "open up big"! Sometimes, don't you wish you could peek just a little bit into the future? I know I do!
I guess though that it's better to take each day in faith.
I love you Alicia
He does show us our future,in Jeremiah he says I know the plans I have for you...., in Habakkuk he asks us to "catch" the vision. I have seen the future and it is now and will be, let him who have eyes to see and ears to hear
Ramona
Post a Comment