In all the chaos, I almost didn't notice the most adorable thing happening right in front of me:
My 3-yr-old foster daughter danced into the kitchen beaming with delight as she twirled to show me the elegant red dress she was wearing. Micah stood proudly behind her with a smile. "Doesn't she look beautiful, mom?"
"Yes, she does." I agreed. "Did you help her pick that out?"
Micah nodded and then turned to my foster daughter, sweetly calling her by name, "Now all you need is a beautiful flower for your hair. Do you want me to pick you a flower?"
She nodded, "Yes".
"Okay, I'll be right back. Wait right here." Micah instructed my foster daughter as she stared out the glass door and watched him step outside. She waited fondly as he disappeared around the corner of the house beyond her view.
A few minutes later, Micah entered back in the house through the front door, holding in his hand a beautiful pink paper flower with a green paper stem.
"Here you go!" Micah said as he presented his foster sister with the gift.
She jumped with excitement at the sight as he gently tucked the flower in her hair. "Micah, that was so incredibly sweet of you to do. Did you make that while you were outside?"
"Yeah" he smiled shyly. "I wanted to pick one from our yard but because it is winter, there's nothing growing... so I walked around to the front porch and hurried to make her this paper one."
"Micah, you not only just made her day... you made my day too. I can't believe how incredibly sweet you are! The flower is absolutely lovely!"
She wore it in her hair the rest of the evening and held it in her hand as she fell asleep tonight.
What a precious memory!
Man! Micah has always been my hopeless romantic. Things like this just seem to be so natural for him. He has certainly won my heart.
Oh, how I love him!
-Alicia
P.S.
Just a little extra tid-bit that makes this kid even more adorable.. Left Hand Free by, Alt-J is his favorite song right now. He can sing along to every single word. He loves to play this!
"Pick a pedal eenie, meanie, minie-moe, and Flower, you're the chosen one."
2 comments:
LOVE IS LOVE IS LOVE ALICIA
So happy that things are working on your behalf.
Thank you, Ramona. We're just taking it one day at a time... one day at a time. :)
Post a Comment