
I may have just a slight obsession and or addiction to Elder Jeffrey R. Holland talks. For years and YEARS I've listened to all of his BYU devotionals. I'm not sure when exactly I got hooked or if it's necessarily a bad thing... I love to hear ALL of the apostles and prophets but for some reason, the way Elder Holland delivers the message and the words he chooses hit me with a force that both stills my soul and moves me into immediate action. He's like the perfect mix between a drill Sergeant and Glenda, the Good Witch. Can I say that? I love listening to the talks his wife, Patricia, gives as well. She also knows how to "nail it."
Yesterday, I had playing on repeat both of the devotionals they gave back in Jan. of 1987. The Bitter Cup and the Bloody Baptism and The Soul's Center. Classic, absolutely classic! Highly recommended!
(I also have an obsession with talks by Elder Neal A. Maxwell.)
No comments:
Post a Comment