Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Monday, August 17, 2015

If I Could...

"And it came to pass when Jesus had said these words, he spake unto his disciples, one by one, saying unto them: What is it that ye desire of me, after that I am gone to the Father?
 And they sorrowed in their hearts, for they durst not speak unto Him the thing which they desired.  And He said unto them, behold I know your thoughts... for ye have desired that ye might bring the souls of men unto Me, while the world shall stand."- 3 Ne. 28:1,5,6,9

What would I wish for if I were given the same opportunity?

Alma prayed, "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!" - Alma 29:1

His companion, Amulek, desired to "stretch forth [his] hands, and exercise the power of God... when [he] saw the pains of the women and children" and he wished to "save them from the flames." - Alma 14:10 

The Lord surely must smile upon the righteous intents of each of these men's hearts. They didn't have their prayers answered the same yet they all had similar desires, to minister in miraculous ways.  They all wanted greatly to answer the cries of the people, and bring souls unto the healing, gentle Christ.

It is one of Heaven's transcendent gifts, to "bear one another's burdens" to "mourn with those that mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort."  Mosiah 18:8-9 This is the way of the Savior.  These principles are solidified into the very core of His Divine character.  He changed the world and continues to do so... "one by one."  Master of the Universe, Creator of us all, there is nothing too hard for Him!

In and of myself, I am no good and could be of no help to anyone... but through Him, through His influence, power, and infinite grace, I believe I can change the world too... one by one.  This is my desire.  This is what I wish for more than anything else.

-Alicia


No comments: