The other day I was scrolling through my old blog to see what I had written in years past. Just for fun, I decided to search for what I may have posted on exactly this day several years ago. I couldn't find anything for this same day anywhere... but a short post in June seven years ago caught my eye. I think it stood out to me because it was only a couple of sentences long and I had highly recommended that all married couples listen to it. The title read, "When All Else Fails, Love Never Gives Up." I remembered loving that talk. When I heard it, it was the same year Joseph and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, This was great advice from a woman who had been married 60 years.
I tried clicking on the link to but it no longer worked. Hmmm. I searched the speaker's name directly on BYU's Speeches but still nothing came up. This made me even more determined to find out just where I could listen to the talk again. After a little more searching, I found it. (Sister Johnson's is the third one from the top of this page.) I was super excited because this site not only has Sister Johnson's talk, it has a whole entire archive of Education Week talks. I think I just struck gold!
I'm glad I had these things recorded in my old blog. The only regret I have with the posts from there is that I wish I would've written more of what was going on in my life. There's so much in that blog where I only gave references to talks or quotes but I didn't really take time to put down more personal thoughts, impressions, and stories of the day.
-Alicia

2 comments:
Alicia,
Thank you for this link. I found a really great talk, one that I was looking for, but didn't know it. It was a talk called: Coping with the Death of a Loved One by Joyce Ashton. Who happens to be an expert in this area. I have been trying to figure out how to process my own grief, and I found an "online" grief counseling site. One suggestion was to keep a journal. But what I have been experiencing is the opportunity to experience the Fathers promises fulfilled. I hope you will listen to this particular talk, revelation verified to me in many of the words this Sister spoke. She also has a book that I may be ordering.
I remember your previous blog and I really enjoyed all that you shared.I feel like your previous blog was a proving ground for where you are now. You are stronger, more defined in who you are. Your family is stronger, your marriage is too.
Blessings to you
xoxoxo
Dear Ramona,
This means so much to me to know that such a simple post helped to lead you where you could find some healing in this time of grief. I'll look up that talk.
I've never had anyone who I've been extremely close to die. Just thinking of being separated from those who my heart is deeply attached to sounds more agonizing and painful than anything I would ever be able to bear. I fear I won't be strong enough. Keeping a journal sounds like a wonderful suggestion. I know that I have found healing in writing, not just because it helps me get my feelings sorted, but because I know that "angels.. are silent notes taking". Maybe that's why writing will help... it will keep me connected to the angels from my life. When those days come (because they most certainly will) where I am temporarily separated from those I treasure and love so dearly, I am sure I will probably write more then than ever.
I love this quote. It makes so much sense to me.
"We can’t fully appreciate joyful reunions later without tearful separations now. The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life." - Russell M. Nelson
Anyway my friend, thank you for being my #1 fan and supporter with my blogs. Your words of encouragement made me cry... good tears of course, good tears. :) Thank you!!
Post a Comment