"I wanted to tell you, that song 'Major Tom'...
That song is about courage and going into the unknown. It's a cool song."
- Cheryl Melhoff
I love the movie Walter Mitty with Ben Stiller. There's something so familiar to me about how Cheryl's influence transforms Walter. She awakens him to everything his soul has ever wanted to be. Because of her confidence in him, his heart burns with a new-found courage to step out into the unknown, run after his dreams and jump with both feet into a world of endless possibilities.
There are so many changes ahead, we really don't know what to expect but we're determined to be ready for whatever comes our way!
We just purchased this new van... and guess what I've named him??
It's going to take a couple of months for the specialized license plate to be made but I'm super excited.
It's a twelve-seater. It will be perfect for when we get our two foster children with plenty of room to spare. It was $20,000 with only 7,000 miles! We took it to two different mechanics before we purchased and they both said the engine was brand-spankin' new! We feel very fortunate to have found it. We were very prayerful and spent a lot of time searching and waiting for the right vehicle. One of the selling points for us was to buy something that would not only bless our family in need but would aslo be a tool for serving and helping others. I know it will be.I really like the name, "Major Tom". It makes me think of the movie, Mitty, and the power of Cheryl's influence. Plus, it kinda looks like a space shuttle (if you squint).
"Commencing countdown,
Engines on
Check ignition
And may God's love be with you"
-Alicia
Reaching for the Stars!
No comments:
Post a Comment