Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Monday, June 6, 2016

"There is a God in Heaven" - Ponderize - Week 36

"...We know that there is a God in heaven, who is infinite and eternal, from everlasting to everlasting the same unchangeable God, the framer of heaven and earth, and all things which are in them." D&C 20:17

In my studies this morning, I came across this scripture I've just quoted. All day, I've been thinking about what a blessing it is to know that there is a God in Heaven and that He knows each and every one of us, that we are His literal spirit children, and that He is deeply and intimately involved in every detail of our lives. What comfort this gives in all our various struggles and trials we face.

Tonight, I found this 2 minute video clip on the LDS youth page.  It fits perfectly!

It reminds me of a quote from Our Creator's Cosmos by Elder Neal A. Maxwell:
"In the expansiveness of space, there is stunning personalness, for God knows and loves each of us! (see 1 Nephi 11:17). We are not ciphers in unexplained space! While the Psalmist’s query was, “What is man, that thou art mindful of him?” (Psalm 8:4), mankind is at the very center of God’s work. We are the sheep of His hand and the people of His pasture (see Psalms 79:13; 95:7; 100:3). His work includes our immortalization—accomplished by Christ’s glorious Atonement! Think of it, brothers and sisters, even with their extensive longevity, stars are not immortal, but you are."

There's a song I listen to on my Christian radio station. If you look up the lyrics, they might seem a little repetitive but honestly, I find them powerful.  You can't help but rejoice when you sing these words over and over again.
"Into the darkness you shine out of the ashes we rise
there's no one like you, none like You!
Our God is greater, our God is stronger,
God you are higher than any other.
Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power, Our God! Our God!...
...And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us.
And if our God is with us, then what could stand against."

Anyway, I look at Who we have constantly cheering us on and I can't help but think, "What is there to fear? He's got us!  He has everything under control. He knows exactly what He's doing and He's doing amazing things with our lives we can't even begin to comprehend."  I love this!

-Alicia :)

No comments: