Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Yodel-aye-heee!

I had heard about him from my co-workers.  Everyone was trying to set us up but he was shy and his friend, Mike, ended up being the one basically asking me out for him.
"Do you like yodeling?"
Uh, that was about the strangest question I had ever been asked.  "Sure, I guess so..." I answered, wondering what Mike was up to.
"Are you doing anything Friday night?" he continued.
"No."
"She's available." Mike smiled and punched Joseph in the arm playfully, "There ya go man, now ask her!"
Joseph timidly announced, "Uh... yeah... um... I have tickets to the Swiss Yodeling Concert at Abravanel Hall on June 18th if you want to go."
I said it sounded great and that I'd be happy to.  I was proud of him for finally asking me out, the guy who everyone in the warehouse was trying to set me up with. He had been home from a mission for almost three years, never had a girlfriend, and never kissed anyone.  (No wonder the whole dating scene was nerve-racking for him.)  But I move quickly and well... let's just say, he learned how to kiss (quite well I might add) and we were married exactly 16 weeks later.

 Ladee-oda-ladee-oda-loo  
Woo!

Happy first-date anniversary to my Joseph!
XOXO

No comments: