But life goes on and things work out... They always do. That's my motto.
At least I was able to get Kaylee to her date with daddy. Our car died right as I was driving away from his work. (It's the lemon... I mean car... we bought a few months ago and have already forked out $2,000 of repairs for.) We were lucky to break down where we did though because my husband was able to call his co-workers to help push the car over to a safe spot. Kaylee thought it was fun to ride in a car being pushed by a bunch of guys.. and even more fun to ride home in a tow truck. (So that was nice.)
This is all such crazy timing. Why? Just last Saturday, our other vehicle blew a head gasket and the radiator cracked.
Drawing from past experiences, whenever things have fallen apart like this all at once...it's usually been for a reason...
If only we could see that it's not falling apart, it's falling into place.
Really, this is when we ask ourselves, "What is there to learn?" We examine and make changes where needed and then trust that something amazing is about to happen. And we do believe great things will come out of this.
Actually, we had been talking about needing a larger van for when the foster children come. Only, we weren't expecting to go shopping for one just yet. We need something that will seat at least eight people. My husband and I did a search for options tonight. (I think I got a little distracted.)
These are my favorites...
This has a few more seats than needful but it's definitely perfect for scenic drives.
We could do a repo- limo like my cousin-in-law, Brynn, did. Their's came complete with "Support Our Troops" decals plastered all down the side. (The kids don't seem to mind.)
I admit this one isn't really space efficient but I have a feeling it would be time efficient. (wink wink)
If we got a large van, I think it would be cool to have it painted like this. I've always wanted a hippie van with daisies, why not make it The Mystery Machine...
Or maybe we could supe up our van like this?
Yeah baby! Eat your heart out Bo and Luke Dukers!
Yeah baby! Eat your heart out Bo and Luke Dukers!
Do you think this one fits eight people? (I'm guessing it fits nine.)
Anyway... I think we're onto some pretty dang good replacement options. :)
And I think we found what we're going to name our old car..
"Shnitty Shnitty Bang Bang"






No comments:
Post a Comment