I've been focusing on the part of Christ's Sermon on the Mount where He says, "Blessed are the peacemakers." This is something I want for my home. I want my kids to learn to communicate well with each other, to avoid whiny remarks or personal jabs that fuel contention.
It's been said that the mother is the one who often sets the tone so I'm trying to be more conscious, more careful of the words I choose and any tension in my voice. I can see an improved difference when I take the time to really think about my responses especially when trying to break up a fight between the kids. I've been praying specifically that the Spirit will help me slow down and think more before I react. Practice. Practice. Practice.
I've also had this goal to memorize the Sacrament prayers and they've caused me to think about what I am doing to "always have His Spirit to be with me."
I know that if I want to be a peacemaker, having the Spirit truly is key. I love the verse I read this morning and maybe this can be the one I ponderize for the rest of the week...
"Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye had received the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the tongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost: Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ." - 2 Nephi 32:3
That's the language I want to learn to speak.... the language of angels.
-Alicia
"You can heal the heartache
Speak over the fear
God, Your voice is the only thing
We need to hear
Words can build us up
Words can break us down
Start a fire in our hearts or
Put it out
Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You
Let the words I say
Be the sound of Your grace
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You
I wanna speak Your love
Not just another noise
Oh, I wanna be Your light
I wanna be Your voice
Let my words be life
Let my words be truth"
No comments:
Post a Comment