Last night, I took Miriam and Kaylee to a world-wide broadcast of a meeting for all the women in the church ages eight and older. I also brought my 3-yr-old foster daughter in order to allow the boys at home to be able to "comfortably watch" their action movie while we were away.
At the church, my girls instantly found their friends and bounced happily into the open seats next them. They are always so thrilled to be around Hannah, Mia, and Oli. I was also very glad to connect with their mom, Carol, who is my dear friend,
After the meeting was over, Carol and her daughters climbed into our van with us to find a good place to grab some milkshakes and visit with each other more. I met Carol two-and-a-half years ago but it seems much longer than that.
My life is so completely different from when I first met her. I guess you could say her life is completely different too. It was great to share with one another some of the lessons we've been learning along the way. Carol has such a beautiful testimony of God and His involvement in our lives. She's incredibility compassionate, intelligent, and brave. I truly admire her! It made my whole day, my whole week, to spend that hour-and-a-half together -- just the two of us and our girls. I think I really needed that.
I'm grateful to know "that same sociality which exists among us here [on earth] will exist among us [in heaven]" - D&C 130:2
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment