Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

"And You Took Me In" - Ponderize - Week 29

We met with our foster care recruiter tonight.  He was so cool!! He has two biological children and has adopted 15 kids through foster care.  It was great to hear what he had to share from his own experiences. My husband and I found his stories very encouraging and inspiring.

Next month, we can start what is called a marathon training where all the classes my husband and I need to take to be licenced as a foster family will be packed into training sessions into two Fridays and two Saturdays.  We also have a large stack of papers to fill out again but many of the questions are similar to our former packet... so, a little bit of copying and pasting will make it easy.

We've had a few family counsels about this subject in the last several weeks and the kids seem to be really comfortable with the idea.  This will take some serious open and honest communication in the days and months that lie ahead.  We really don't know what all of this will bring but we feel excited for the lessons and experiences that await us.

I'm really loving this scripture right now.  It's a perfect one to ponder for the week.  :)

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me." - Matt 25:35,36

-Alicia


2 comments:

Ramona Gordy said...

Thank you Alicia; I got the necklace yesterday and it is beautiful. Thank you for thinking of me.
Ramona

Alicia Rawlins said...

I'm glad it arrived there safely. I'm praying for you during this very difficult time.
-Alicia