As a gift, the kids got a new youth speaker CD, (they get one every Easter). This one is called Press Forward by, John Bytheway. It was great to have it play in the background while the children played chess and checkers.
I'd say overall, the day went pretty well. It was a little bumpy right after church between Miriam and Micah as they tried to dye Easter eggs. The ones Micah tried to paint kept slipping out of his hands and cracking.
We had a lot of mess with everything to say the least... but it all worked out. I was really glad to have our three visitors.
As the kids listened to their John Bytheway CD - I heard this quote and had to quickly jot it down:
"God lives, and his eyes are over us, and his angels are round and about us, and they are more interested in us than we are in ourselves, ten thousand times, but we do not know it" (Journal of Discourses, 23: 222).
I love that! "They are more interested in us than we are in ourselves, ten thousand times". This is true! I know this!! I mean, life can be hard and I think it's so wonderful to know that we can call down heaven to assist us.
Also, I've listened to this talk by Elder Holland a few times today. I love his testimony!
"Brothers and sisters, one of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so. His solitary journey brought great company for our little version of that path—the merciful care of our Father in Heaven, the unfailing companionship of this Beloved Son, the consummate gift of the Holy Ghost, angels in heaven, family members on both sides of the veil, prophets and apostles, teachers, leaders, friends. All of these and more have been given as companions for our mortal journey because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His gospel. Trumpeted from the summit of Calvary is the truth that we will never be left alone nor unaided, even if sometimes we may feel that we are. Truly the Redeemer of us all said: “I will not leave you comfortless: [My Father and] I will come to you [and abide with you].”
I like that we have this promise in life as Elder Holland says: In the Gospel we have the "unfailing companionship" of Christ, of the Spirit, of angels (on earth and in heaven), prophets, teachers, leaders, and friends. We are not alone! I'm so thankful for this consolation and this wonderful Easter season!
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment