Well, we've cancelled the contract for the home we were considering. My husband has been terribly uneasy about it and I feel like I've been grasping at straws trying to somehow make it work in my own mind. The seller is refusing to pay for the cost to rewire the house. It's riddled with exposed live wires and other fire hazards. I wish that this were the only issue with the home. There are other concerns not as major but still pretty big deals and the sellers just won't go down anymore in price to make the purchase worth the headaches.
I'm sad.
My kids and I all had our hopes up that we could stay in this area. I guess there's still a possibility we could find something else or the seller could change their mind.
For now, it's back to searching. I'm feeling worn from it all and can hardly bring myself to keep looking. None of us ever wanted to move... especially me.
I listened to my friend, Jennifer, give a presentation at BYU today for Education Week. She actually spoke about re-wiring... not for a house of course, but a way to re-wire our minds and hearts through the process of daily rituals, through diligent scripture study and sincere heart-felt prayer. She testified of how good the Lord is, that He hears every petition. She quoted Joseph Smith in saying, "Come to God weary him until He blesses you." I reflected on my personal scripture study this morning "Ask, and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you"(3 Nephi 27:29) and where the Savior inquires of His servants, "What is it that ye desire of me?" (3 Nephi 28:1)
The Lord knows what I desire!
If I have not wearied Him, I've certainly wearied myself in pleading to stay close by this beautiful place. Like a tree that thrives and blossoms near a stream, somehow my spirit needs this closeness for my soul.
Maybe it's me who needs the re-wiring?
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment