My foster son has been doing better these last few days. I can tell he's making a conscious effort to be a little more obedient to the rules and routines of our family.
Yesterday, he was watching Mormon Messages with Micah and was intrigued by the Christmas video where the man kept waiting for the Savior to come to his house as a guest but instead there only came a widow, an orphan, and a beggar. The story concludes with the scripture from Matthew 25:40.
As I quietly watched my foster son-- this kid who is so obviously a stranger and not one of my own--stare at the video, a wave of emotion filled my heart and the truth of the message gave me peace. "Don't give up. All that you do for this young boy, you are doing for Me." I felt strengthened in that moment with and a new vision to handle the increase stresses, anxieties, and conflicts.
In my personal scripture study this morning, I've just started Mosiah. I think this verse will be a good one for the week:
"Behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God." - Mosiah 2:17
-Alicia
No comments:
Post a Comment