I asked the woman who had called me if he had left the school yet and she said, "He has. And he refused to bring the bike with him."
"I'll be right over. Just keep it there and I'll come pick it up."
I knew the reason he changed his mind about the bicycle, it's because he's embarrassed that he's ten yrs. old and he doesn't know how to ride one.
I explained this to the woman at the office, thanking her for the gift. "I know he's grateful. He's just afraid to take it home for fear he will fall. Don't worry though, we'll teach him right away." I smiled.
"I'll be right over. Just keep it there and I'll come pick it up."
I knew the reason he changed his mind about the bicycle, it's because he's embarrassed that he's ten yrs. old and he doesn't know how to ride one.
I explained this to the woman at the office, thanking her for the gift. "I know he's grateful. He's just afraid to take it home for fear he will fall. Don't worry though, we'll teach him right away." I smiled.
Today, me, my foster son, Micah, and Kaylee took our bikes, skates, and boards to our church parking lot. It's newly paved with tons of space. We all had a great time!
We stayed for well over an hour just playing... and my foster son learned how to ride a bike. His face lit up like Christmas as he proudly announced that he doesn't need to take his scooter anymore to school.
Tonight, as I was making my rounds scratching the kids backs, my foster son continued to reflect on his accomplishment, "Miss Alicia (that's what he calls me), I guess I didn't realize that I could ride a bike but... well... I guess I really can."
"Of course you can, bud." I said, affirmatively. "There's lots of things you can do that you don't think you can. You did great out there today. I'm very proud of you."
He smiled.
He smiled.
Bike lesson, accomplished!
Next-up... long boarding lessons ;)
-Alicia
2 comments:
Happy Sunday Alicia
A song from Hillsong for you.
RULE
Aint love grand
https://youtu.be/ft6rc7VquPA
Thanks Ramona! Great song! :)
Post a Comment