I didn't sleep more than four hours last night. I experienced for the first time the uncontrollable screaming I was told about that the younger foster child sometimes displays. Kaylee got up and moved herself to the couch downstairs and Miriam moved into my bed while I stayed up trying to figure out what to do with our little foster girl. Joseph came in after a while to help me too. Neither of us got much sleep.
I have an eight page draft due for my writing class tomorrow. I only have three pages written so far but I've enjoyed the research and have actually discovered some of my findings in my topic to be healing and encouraging during this transition of being a foster family.
It's a brand new day and we get up and try again. We're going to make all this work, I know we will.
"Wherefore, the people of [Alicia and Joseph] did fortify [their day] with their [faith and prayers, with the word of the Lord], and with all their might, trusting in the God and rock of their salvation; wherefore, they became as yet, conquerors of their [trials]." - Jacob 7:25
- Alicia
"I pray the power of the Holy Ghost will be with each of us—that we may think what we need to think, feel what we need to feel, and learn what we need to learn so we can do what we know we should do and ultimately become what the Lord yearns for us to become." - David A. Bednar
Featured Post
The Purest Love
"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment