Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Carry On

It's hard to describe all of the self-reflection and roller-coaster of emotions life can bring.  I find solace and connection in music. The Christian-themed type probably fills my library the most but there's a little bit of country that resides in my heart too.  Somehow, I can't turn down a good folk-sounding song that has a tinge of banjo.

I love listening to this one. It has a great sound and it sort-of  matches how I feel at this place in my life.

One foot in front of the other....
and I always find a way to carry on.


"In The Morrow"
by, Brandi Carlile

I found myself today 
I took my cross up and walked away 
With amazing grace and open eyes 
Even though I'm born to lose my way 
Tomorrow comes on a hurricane 
When the weight of the world is on your mind 

In the morrow I'll be gone 
I gave it everything I had for so long 
Save your sorrow for your song 
Don't we always find a way to carry on 

No one sees it coming 
And no one walks when they should've been running 
Nothing hurts like knowing you tried 
And we can see how years can slip away 
In the cold dark nights and the long hard days 
But nothing aches quite like goodbye 

In the morrow I'll be gone 
I gave it everything I had for so long 
Save your sorrow for your song 
Don't we always find a way to carry on 


No comments: