Kaylee 2 days old
Even when she was just a couple of weeks old, we were at a park somewhere and I was snuggling her tiny little new-born body when a woman approached me, "Wow! I've never seen that before." she said, gesturing to me and Kaylee.
"Seen what?" I asked her, "You mean a mother hugging and loving her little baby??"
"No, I've seen mothers with babies but I have never seen the love so strong. It's beautiful," the woman said.
I've thought about that encounter many times since then and have wondered what was so out of the ordinary to cause that woman to stop and approach me.... As I've come to know Kaylee through these last seven years and have observed her passionate little soul, I realize now what the woman was recognizing that day. She wasn't seeing "a mother hugging and loving her baby." She was seeing a tiny little two-week-old baby hugging and loving her mother tightly back. I am sure of it!
What a joy Kaylee has been in our lives. Her names means "pure" and that's exactly how she loves!
-Alicia

No comments:
Post a Comment