This is a day to celebrate freedom! Where do you find freedom?
Every fourth of July, where I live, we have what is called a Freedom Run. It's a 5K and 10K that sends the runners racing through the parade route straight through the heart of our city.
I've been watching these runners for 15 years now. (Last year and this year, I've been one of those runners.) For me, getting up early to go jogging or exercising, is a spiritual experience. It's a time to reflect, an opportunity to prove to myself "mind over matter." It's a time for me to exhale, to let out all the pain, heartache, sorrow, or whatever emotions that are plaguing me. And then... I inhale hope, energy, faith, and a newness of life!!
I started running when I was going through a very difficult time, when I felt like I had absolutely no one to "run to" but God. I usually run alone and I enjoy it. It's a time of communion for me, a time to pray in my heart. I like to plug in my head phones and listen to "focus music" the kind of music that sets my mind and soul on truth, that reminds me who I am, and frees my spirit.
Lately I've been running with some friends of mine. I've really appreciated spending time with them just deepening our bonds of friendship. And I still believe it can be a time of communion, this "prayer time" that I enjoy. This connection to heaven comes more easily when we have "focused conversation" when we set our subjects of talk on the things that matter most: those things that lift and inspire. the things that remind us of our true identity, the things that give us hope and direction. Where afterward, we feel a greater desire to be closer to God.
HE is who I RUN to... I know God lives. He is my truest friend. In Him, I have hope, I have love. I have healing, I have understanding... In Him I have FREEDOM... In Him, have everything!
-Alicia
Another voice, another choice
To listen to words somebody said
Another day
I replay
One too many doubts inside my head
Am I strong
Beautiful
Am I good enough
Do I belong
After all
That I’ve said and done
Is it real
When I feel
I don't measure up
Am I loved
I’m running to the One who knows me
Who made every part of me in His hands
I’m holding to the One who holds me
‘Cause I know whose I am, I know who I am
I am sure I am Yours
Turning down
Tuning out
Every single word
That caused me pain
Unashamed
And unafraid
‘Cause I believe You mean it when You say
I am strong
Beautiful
I am good enough
I belong
After all
‘Cause of what You've done
This is real
What I feel
No one made it up
I am loved
I am sure I am Yours
I know who I am
I am sure I am Yours
Fearfully
Wonderfully
Perfectly
You have made me
I’m running to the One who knows me
I’m holding to the One who holds me
I am sure I am Yours
And I know who I am
No comments:
Post a Comment