Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Book of Mormon

I just want to testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.  I know that it was written and prepared for our day.  These are the times where we will see  great gatherings and separations.  We will witness for ourselves the signs fulfilled and foretold by ancient and modern prophets.  One of the most outstanding themes in the Book of Mormon is how the Lord uses prophets to speak in His name, to invite people to come unto Him, to call them to repent, and exhort them to believe and follow Christ.  I know the Lord has called prophets today!!  How incredibly thankful I am for them!!  They have given us sufficient counsel for us to make the Book of Mormon a life-long study.  If we do so with an open heart and a willing mind, applying the doctrines in our behavior, we will witness miracles.  We will draw closer to God and through our example help others draw closer too.
-Alicia

.......

"Unless we are “continually holding fast”7 to the word of God and living it, we will become spiritually blinded rather than spiritually minded. Search the Book of Mormon and the words of the living prophets every day, every day, every day! It’s the key to spiritual survival and avoiding deception. Without it, we are spiritually lost".
- Elder Kevin W. Pearson (Stay by the Tree)

"There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. You will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find the power to stay on the strait and narrow path. The scriptures are called 'the words of life' (D&C 84:85), and nowhere is that more true than it is of the Book of Mormon. When you begin to hunger and thirst after those words, you will find life in greater and greater abundance."
-President Ezra Taft Benson

“I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity—the pure love of Christ—will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness” (Ensign, May 1980, p. 67).
- President Marion G. Romney

“I find that when I get casual in my relationships with divinity and when it seems that no divine ear is listening and no divine voice is speaking, that I am far, far away. If I immerse myself in the scriptures the distance narrows and the spirituality returns. I find myself loving more intensely those whom I must love with all my heart and mind and strength, and loving them more, I find it easier to abide their counsel.”
 - Spencer W. Kimball

“I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.” 
- Joseph Smith (History of the Church, 4:461.)

No comments: