I love discovering new music! This one is really cool as I think of the theme for the youth this year, "Embark." Praise to our fore-bearers who paved the way and set the course! There is truly nothing to fear as we set foot on The Good Ship Zion for I know the Lord is the Captain here.
- Alicia
"Captain"
by, Hillsong United
Through waters uncharted my soul will embark
I'll follow Your voice straight into the dark
And if from the course You intend
I depart
Speak to the sails of my wandering heart
Like the wind
You'll guide
Clear the skies before me
And I'll glide this open sea
Like the stars
Your Word
Will align my voyage
And remind me where I've been
And where I am going
Lost in the shallows amidst fear and fog
Your truth is the compass that points me back north
Jesus
My Captain
My soul's trusted Lord
All my allegiance is rightfully Yours
Like the wind
You'll guide
Clear the skies before me
And I'll glide this open sea
Like the stars
Your Word
Will align my voyage
And remind me where I've been
And where I am going
Like the wind
You'll guide
Clear the skies before me
And I'll glide this open sea
Like the stars
Your Word
Will align my voyage
And remind me where I've been
And where I am going
Jesus
My Captain
My soul's trusted Lord
All my allegiance is rightfully Yours
"When we join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we board the Good Ship Zion and sail with her wherever she goes until she comes into that millennial port. We stay in the boat, through squalls and stills, through storms and sunburn, because that is the only way to the promised land. This Church is the Lord’s vehicle for crucial doctrines, ordinances, covenants, and keys that are essential to exaltation, and one cannot be fully faithful to the gospel of Jesus Christ without striving to be faithful in the Church, which is its earthly institutional manifestation. To new convert and longtime member alike, we declare in the spirit of Nephi’s powerful valedictory exhortation: 'Ye have entered in by the gate; … [but] now, … after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; … press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, … and endure to the end, behold, thus … ye shall have eternal life.' 2 Ne. 31:18–20" - Jeffrey R. Holland
3 comments:
Thanks Alicia
I love Hillsong, I have a couple of their CD's of Praise and Worship songs. I like this song, it reminds me of the path described in the Book of Mormon, holding on to the iron rod, trying not to slip and stumble into the murky waters beneath.
Thanks Ramona, There's a couple of their songs I really, really like! I noticed that there's a documentary out about their group. I saw it in the trailer previews when we went to see "Inside Out." I love to see people of all faiths seeking to bring souls to Christ. They will all eventually be led to the fullness. There is a glorious gathering of the one in heart and mind taking place!!! It's going to be awesome to watch it all unfold! :)
Me too Alicia
I am excited about our future, but our present is really gearing up too. There is a wonderful acoustic CD that came out in 2012, it is awesome "Savior King Live"
xoxoxo
Post a Comment