Featured Post

The Purest Love

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of transformation. It takes us as men and women of the earth and refines us into men and wom...

Monday, February 29, 2016

A Song and a Prayer - Ponderize - Week 22

I discovered a new song a few days ago.  Whenever I listen to this, I imagine Enos and what a deep and soulful prayer looks and sounds like - To cry out to Father in Heaven, begging for answers, begging for the Spirit to guide, to open my eyes, to forgive me for everything I am blind to and for everything I lack, to take me out of my place or set me where I need to be. - To offer up all my gratitude for this moment of prayer, knowing I can empty out everything in my heart and lay it before Him and not feel condemned for any foolishness displayed.  I'm grateful that He sees it all - He is my safe place.  "He answers privately, Reaches my reaching In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching. Constant he is and kind, Love without end." (Where Can I Turn for Peace Hymn 129

When I think of hunger, I also think of  Psalms 23 and how the Good Shepherd leads me to green pastures and streams of living water.  In Him I have my everything.  It is from Him, from His spirit where all goodness and mercy flows.  His rod and staff (His word and Priesthood) comfort me.
   
by, Mercyme

"Hungry, I come to You for I know, 
You satisfy.

I am empty but I know Your love,

Does not run dry.
So I wait for You,

So I wait for You.
I'm falling on my knees,

Offering all of me,

Jesus, You're all this heart is living for
Broken I run to You, for Your arms

Are open wide.

I am weary but I know Your touch
Restores my life.
So I wait for You,

Oh I wait for You.
I'm falling on my knees,

Offering all of me,

Jesus, You're all this heart is living for."

"My soul hungered and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto Him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto Him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.... And I, Enos, knew it would be according to the covenant which he had made; wherefore my soul did rest." - Enos 1:4, 17

-Alicia

No comments: