I spoke with my friend, Jed, yesterday who told me the story of how he and his wife found their first home in our neighborhood. They prayed about where to move not ever living in Provo before and practically mapped out our current ward boundaries. They drove around looking for a house up for sale and found nothing. Then a few days later, Jed had the impression to drive down that same street again and a guy was just walking out with a "For Sale by Owner" sign. He knew instantly that was where they were to move.
What I wouldn't give to have that kind of clear revelation!
Just put the sign up for us, Lord, right as I'm driving by!
I knelt in earnest prayer this morning begging for my Father in Heaven to give us some direction. I felt the impression come to me. "I already have. You knew this was where you were supposed to be eight years ago, either in the 11th ward or the 3rd ward, it didn't really matter... this was right where you were supposed to be."
I prayed again, "Yes, but is it where we are meant to stay? Because I'm having a hard time determining Thy will from my own desires. I cannot seem to pull myself away from this place. Every fiber of my being wants to stay here but at the same time, I don't want to resist direction otherwise."
Perhaps part of the pull that draws me in are the unanswered questions to all of my "coincidental" experiences here... and that maybe... somehow by sticking around a little longer, I'll discover more pieces to the puzzle. I've shared so much of my story but have hardly seen the other half and I've just got to know more! Nevertheless, not my will but "as thou wilt".
I'm praying for my heart to be open to other places. Tonight, we will go and look at a home in the far south-west part of Provo. Dear Father, I pray. Help us to know, please show us. Is my heart blocking the way or do I follow it? Because if I follow my heart, it's already here!
-Alicia
2 comments:
Dropping a verse your way
1 Nephi 4: 6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.
Thank you, my friend! :)
Post a Comment